Tummy tuck, arm lift, and breast augmentation to much at one time?

I am going in for surgery in just over a month, and my Doctor is amazing. I trust him very much, he feels that I am young enough, and healthy enough for all the procedures at the same time. I have some mixed opinions. Really interested if others feel this is a good idea. I am 5'2" 160 pounds. I have lost 100 pounds with diet and exercise no surgery. I have lots of skin on my stomach, and arms. I have always had small boobs (AA to A Cup now) considering a larger implant 600 to 800ccs not sure.

Thank you for your question and answer. yes all operations can be performed at once one time. you will need one on one examination with your surgeon to give you the final evaluation.

As you can see from below, it is quite common to combine surgeries. However, without seeing you in person, there is no way for me to comment on your specific case. Since you trust your surgeon, I would speak with him or her and go over your safety concerns. Congratulations on your weight loss. Amazing achievement! Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Combining procedures: safety above all else

I would often combine procedures for patients.  That said, the most important thing above all else is your safety.  Your surgeon will best know your individual situation and can help go over the pros and cons of combined versus staged procedures.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training &
Assistant Clinical Professor,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

#TT,ArmLift, BAatSameTime

Glad to hear you have found a great plastic surgeon. I typically will do all of these procedures at the same time. I would ask your surgeon the relative risks and benefits of each option.

Multiple procedures at one time

I'd advise you to avoid undergoing the three procedures under one anesthesia and with one recovery.  Though you could probably get through the recovery safely, you may regret being this aggressive and should also be considering the added risks of DVT and possibly a dangerous pulmonary embolism.  Is it worth that risk?  I personally don't think so.  Better safe than......

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Combination procedures

The tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and brachioplasty can safely be done at the same time. I would not recommend this because of the difficulty with taking care of yourself. Any combination of the three I think would be a better way to proceed. A breast lift only takes 3 to 5 days to recover from and allows the patient to return to work quite soon. Therefore, doing the abdominoplasty and brachioplasty together might make more sense, seeing that they require a longer healing period.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck: with #brachioplasty, and #breastaugmentaiton after weight loss

• multiple procedures generally safe when less than 6 hours
  • make sure you have DVT prevention; consider Lovenox at your weight
  • make sure you weight is stable now

While possible, as other physicians have stated, this combination will make your recovery logistically more difficult.  If you are going to do it, make sure that you have adequate help arranged at home, as it will be challenging, especially in the initial recovery period, for you to go about your daily routine with bandages/limited motion on your arms, chest, and abdomen.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Is a tummy tuck, breast augmentation and arm lift too much surgery

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• I am so glad you have a surgeon you like. That is great.
  • And congratulations also on the amazing weight loss! Good for you.
  • Surgery shouldn't take longer than 6 hours to stay in a safe zone.
  • A tummy tuck to remove a lot of skin can take longer than usual.
  • What about have a priority plan with your surgeon - e.g. doing the tummy tuck and breast augmentation for certain - and the arm lift if time allow?
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Combined Procedures

Combined procedures can be done safely but I am not a fan of this combination. Abdominoplasty tightens the abdominal muscles which limits the use of your core during recovery. I educate my patients on  compensating for the lack of core strength with their extremities. Tasks as simple as getting out of bed are very difficult after tummy tuck. Once you operate on the breasts and arms your compensatory movements are gone.

This combination will make for a very challenging recovery. Can it be done? Sure. I would encourage staging the procedures and having two much easier recoveries.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon