Thoughts on Transblepharoplasty (through upper eyelid) Browpexy with endontine device?

I know browpexy is more for stabilization than sig lift and older techniques w suture anchoring have more temporary results. i have enuf info 4 other browlift techniques, just curious about this one. 1. Now that there is a newer way to "anchor" with an endontine device (going through upper lid), do doctors feel that this procedure is better than the older browpexy technique? More long lasting? 2. Suggested docs that do these in LA/OC or SF/Palo Alto? 3. Average recovery time?

Can an endotine browpexy lift my eyebrows?

An endotine browpexy is not a new procedure and it does usually produce satisfying results, especially in those that also need an upper blepharoplasty. It may cause more swelling/bruising due to more trauma to the area. Also, the endotine itself may be felt for a prolonged period of time. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Transblepharoplasty Browpexy with Endotine device?

Thank you for your question!  I feel that you are correct that the endotine transblepharoplasty technique is more of a stabilization technique rather than a significant lifting procedure.  One of the reasons I use this technique in my Bay Area practice is more for bone exposure in my Transgender patients.  It allows me to gain access to the lateral orbital rim, contour the bone and then use the pexy device to prevent the brow from falling post operatively.  This is a terrific method to soften one's face especially with lateral orbital bone fullness.  It also is nice in that there are no exposed scars to the forehead and the upper blepharoplasty incision heals really well.  

Hope this helps!

BROW LIFT QUESTIONS

Dear noobee, My only experience with endotine is patients that I have seen from other surgeons who have had this procedure performed and were very unhappy as they had a palpable and visible bump on their forehead. I prefer an endoscopic browlift with mid-face suspension where there are no visible signs of surgery and the patient has a natural and youthfull looking appearance as shown in the video above and link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Endotine Brow Lift

Others may disagree but I recall seeing a patient who had a palpable and tender band and bump from an endotine device that took a very long time to disappear.  The old browpexy procedure is good in conjunction with a blepharoplasty but a prehairline browlift gives IMO the best long term benefit.  I personally would advise patients to avoid temporal lifts and endotine lifts.

Regards,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Browlift at hairline best.

A Browlift done at the hairline gives the best results in my opinion. Hair will grow thru the incision so the scar is not seen.