Strain on the nose could affect results?

Hi, I am 1 week post op and had my bump shaved down, columella lifted/some tipwork, and sides reduced.. On the seventh day, I bit into a very chewy sandwhich and ate steak... and laughed a lot.. would all of those things affect my results?

Post op rhinoplasty

if you didn't experience any pain with those activities, you are probably fine. Always consult your plastic surgeon to be sure.

Post op rhinoplasty

The things you described usually don't affect the outcome of the rhinoplasty.  I recommend you continue to have fun but do make sure to follow up with your surgeon!

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear Vanetzviaan, From your description of activities you should not have any concerns. Keep laughing and enjoy your new nose! Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Thank you for the question and it is very unlikely that the activities you described would have any affect on your final result
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Strain on the nose post rhinoplasty

What you describe sounds like fairly normal activity. I would not expect what you describe to adversely affect your outcome. You must however stay in close contact with your surgeon.
Kind regards.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 1 week, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD