When can I start using treatment to help the healing process? What do you recommend? (photos)

I had my ba 1.5 weeks ago and I feel fine but wondering if I should apply anything to assist with healing. The redness is around my top breast and armpits are from today from my sports bra and made me itchy.

Your breasts look good! You may apply scar cream and moisturizer.

Based on your photo, you did not get any infection. However, itchy symptom is quite normal during the post-op. I would recommend you apply scar cream such as Dermatrix or Mederma to help fading your incision scar. Also, you may apply moisturizer to reduce itchy sensation.

Post Op

Thank you for the question and photos. It appears that you are on track, when your incisions are completely healed ask your Plastic Surgeon what scar treatment they recommend for you.

All the best

Post op breast augmentation

I would avoid placing anything on your incisions unless you speak to your plastic surgeon. You don't want to cause an infection of the incision line.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Benelli lifts

have the potential to scar, depending on how much tension is involved in your closure.  At this point, all you can do are use topicals and with the many products out there, best to ask your surgeon for his/her preference.

Curtis Wong, MD

Healing assist after breast augmentation and lift

Hi PetiteMama86,

Thanks for your questions and photos.  I'm glad that you are doing so well!  Your result looks very good and I'm sure you are very pleased.  At this point in the recovery process I typically recommend applying silicone products to the scars to optimize the result. I have found that applying silicone scar products continually for 2-3 months after a procedure generally leads to much better scars than if they are not used.  I usually recommend Mepitac or Embrace, however there are multiple good silicone scar products available.  I would recommend discussing ongoing scar care, massage, etc with your surgeon.  

Best wishes!

Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Scar Treatment

Congratulations on your surgery and results.

Every surgeon has different products that they trust to help the scar heal the best it can.  I feel that silicone is the best type of product there is.

I would consult with your plastic surgeon to see what he/she recommends.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Beneli Lift with implants!

To begin with, you have an awesome result, who was your surgeon? In general, I do not recommend the Benelli lift as you will begin to develop a starburst, i.e. radiating scars, like a sunburst. Regardless, you should be performing aggressive scar management to counter the propensity for developing areolar scars. We start aggressive scar management at one month once steri-strips fall off.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Scars

Thank you for your question.  Every surgeon has a different post operative protocol for incision/scar.  At our office we have steri-strips placed over the incisions for breast surgery.  Around 2 weeks the steri-strips should start peeling off.  If there is crusting we advise our patients to use vaseline for a couple of days then switch to scar cream.  We recommend a scar cream called biocorneum which is silicone base and it also contains sunscreen.  Please contact your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss their post operative protocol for scars.

Usually two weeks

Scar treatment can be applied as soon as there are no obvious open or separated edges to your incisions.
I would recommend following your surgeon's guidelines.  Call them.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

When can I start using treatment to help the healing process? What do you recommend?

Dear petitemamas

I think you should follow your surgeons instructions. In my practice, I would recommend using steri strips over the incisions and using a moisturizing cream or lotion as needed. I would also recommend general implant massage. This would vary based on your surgeons recommendations.