Is a small lift necessary for breast revision? Thinking I would benefit from a benelli lift. (Photo)

breast aug done 8yrs ago with Mentor Smooth Round saline Implants, 275 in my left breast and 250 in my right. I've nursed 2 children since my surgery and want revision. I have 4 consults set up soon. I had assemetry to begin with and want that fixed this time around. Also want silicone & bigger. I have definitely lost firmness and perkiness in breast, but like the more natural shape. Would I be a good candidate for the donut lift to even out nipple assemetry and help with slight sagginess?

Improvement of symmetry with implant replacement

From your photos, your nipples appear relatively symmetric and I would suggest lowering the left implant and slightly raising the left implant with a capsular repair. Best wishes,Dr K

Is a small lift necessary?Benelli lift?

From your photos,your left breast is contracted upward underneath which causes the nipple to point downward.I would suggest lowering the left pocket. This, along with a larger implant may be all you need.The Benelli lift tends to flatten the breast shape.

Burr von Maur, MD

Would I benefit from a Benelli type of breast uplift?

A Benelli mastopexy or breast uplift does not really uplift the breast that much. It primarily usualy helps with reducing the size of the areola but at the expense of a scar around the entire nipple. It actually also causes a flattening of the breast. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is a small lift necessary for breast revision? Thinking I would benefit from a benelli lift.

Great question. Congrats on the children. So to really know I would need to elevate both breasts and look at your breast creases. If the left breast crease is just tight it may simply need to be lowered or surgical maneuvers to open up the skin envelope. That may bring the nipple up as the implant fills out the lower breast. You may not need a lift at all. Certainly going to silicone is a great idea in a breast fed situation where the skin is thin and the soft tissue has diminished. You may change the profile to a high profile silicone which will give you the look of a moderate profile saline, and up the size at the same time. So really you will not know what is bust until the docs lay their hands on you and examine what the problem really is. It may be more simple than you think or not. Good luck. You should get a great result?

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Is a small lift necessary ?

After having breast implants in place for that many years the potential for skin expansion is good and this should enable an improvement in your asymmetry in volume.  I would also consider a Benelli lift to make your nipple positions more even.In my practice I would also discuss the option of changing to cohesive silicone gel implants of a somewhat larger size.  You will find some useful information in the video above. Discuss all of your concerns and questions with the doctors you have scheduled to meet. Best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

From your photos, it appears that the one nipple areola complex looks lower on your breast, however this can be as a result of the implant sitting higher in the pocket.  If you are considering having larger implants placed, then it is possible that you may not even need the circumareola  lift, but an in office exam would better determine this.  I do agree that you will not need any more incisions for your lift, if you need one at all.  Your breast diameter will help determine what profile implant would be best for you for the volume that you are considering.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is a small lift necessary for breast revision?

I would agree with the previous consultants, a periareolr lift to the right side will give better symmetry, I doubt any more full lift would be necessary. I do find when replacing saline implants the patients are happier with a full profile silicone implant of the Inspira model (by Natrelle).

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lift

Thank you for the question and photos and you certainly do not need a full lift though a circumsteola mastopexy on one side would help you gain better symmetry

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Revision

Larger SRX inspira gel implants would be a great choice. Using a larger cohesive gel implant will certainly reduce the scars from needing a full lift 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS