Scar tissue supplement

Are there any clinically effective scar tissue reducing supplements out there to help post op breast aug/lift? If so, what are the brands and recommended dosing?

Scar Supplement

Hello,No, there are no supplements that help with scar tissue, whether you are referring to implant capsule or external skin incisions. Prevention of capsular contracture is dependent on the surgery and how it was planned and performed. Skin scars are managed with post operative taping. Best of luck!

Scar tissue supplemen

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Scar reduction depends

on a variety of factors including length of time since surgery, appearance (ie. red, raised, firm, within the confines of the incision or spread beyond). You may be in the normal healing phase (scars take up to one full year to mature!) where there are some supplements and topical products that may help; you may be developing hypertrophic scar or keloid which may require steroid injection or excision, or you may have widened scar with hyper or hypopigmentation (darker or lighter than your normal skin tone) which can be revised or treated with laser, etc. The best way to determine what may help is to see your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon who is familiar with the procedure and with wound healing/scarring. In my practice, I utilize many tools to assist my patients with healing, however, it is important to have it properly assessed first!

Dan Mills, MD