is it safe to have balloon sinuplasty 6 months after septorhinoplasty with spreader grafts, columella stut and onlay tip grafts?

i need to have an in office local anesthesia balloon sinuplasty, would that affect anything ive had done during my septorhinopasty with grafts?

No problem

Go ahead and have the balloon sinuplasty.  I t will not interfere with the prior surgeries you have had a couple of months ago.

Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Balloon sinuplasty

Balloon sinuplasty can be performed at this time.  The only reason I would recommend waiting is if you continue to have discomfort after your original nasal surgery.  Occassionally the balloon procedure itself can cause discomfort during the procedure if the balloon device hits the septum or turbinates.  However, the sooner you can address your sinuses, the faster you will feel better.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Balloon Sinuplasty is very safe after Septorhinoplasty.

6 months is sufficient time for the nose to have reasonably healed to the degree that another surgery can be entertained.  The anatomical location of the columella strut, onlay tip grafts, and rhinoplasty, are separate from the sinus surgical sites.  Further Balloon sinus surgery is less traumatic than traditional endoscopic shaver assisted sinus surgery.  Also, commonly, Rhinoplasty is performed at the same time as sinus surgery in many instances.  Go ahead and have the sinus surgery.

David Q. Santos, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon