Is there anything I can do to reduce the size and appearance of my Montgomery glands? (Photo)

I am a young male adult and I love being in the sun. My Montgomery glands have grown increasingly large on my left areola and has caused me to become self conscious. I have gone to my primary doctor and dermatologist before and they assured me it's normal and I'll be fine. However, it's something that clearly bothers me and I want to change the way it looks. Please give any advice on what I can do to reduce the appearance or get rid of them. What options do I have ? Procedures? Costs? Thanks

Doctor Answers 1

Areolae - reducing the Montgomery glands

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your Montgomery glands.
You can have surgery to remove the prominent glands.This will exchange a scar - often a white one - for the glands.If this seems a reasonable exchange - have it done.But the scars will show against the dark skin.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.