What is your recommendation improving one's jawline. Kybella or Thermitight?

Kybella

It is really going to depend on the patient. Personally, I am a huge fan of Kybella for the right patient. It is safe, extremely effective and relatively affordable given the fact that the results are permanent.  Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Defining jawlines with Kybella

Thank you for your question. Kybella has been recently FDA-approved for the treatment of submental fullness and is the only non-invasive treatment for the reduction of “double chins”. Kybella will permanently destroy fat cells in the targeted area as well as offering limited skin tightening to the treated area. Other benefits include:

Minimally invasive
No downtime
Better appearance, youthful look
No surgery
No general anesthesia
Very rare and minimal side effects (typically bruising, pain, and redness at the injection points)

If you have more looseness in your neck area then you could have ThermiTight performed in conjunction with Kybella. ThermiTight is a minimally invasive procedure that will dramatically improve skin laxity in the treated area. Please schedule an in-person consultation so you’re your doctor can review your chin or jawline and help you decide which treatment is better to help you reach your desired look.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella or Thermitight

Most of my patients prefer non-surgical treatment of the jaw line.  I combine Thermage with Kybella in treating the jawline and have fabulous results.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella versus ThermiTight

These are two different types of treatments and address two distinctly different problems.

Kybella: The first FDA approved injectable to treat the fat in the double chin. If there is minimal skin laxity present and submental fat that is creating the double chin appearance, then this would be the most appropriate treatment.

ThermiTight: This is a radiofrequency device, which is designed to tighten loose and lax skin. This is a one time treatment that can take up to 6 months to fully appreciate the results.

Frequently I will perform both Kybella and ThermiTight at the same time to dissolve fat and tighten the underlying skin. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

In our practice we do a signiicant amount of VASER/ThermiRF to the neck to get contouring.  Alternatively kybella can be used.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Skin tightening

Kybella and Thermatight do different things.  Kybella removes fat and the latter tightens skin.  Thermalight is actually invasive with a RF probe inserted under the skin.  Thermage can have much of the same effect and is none invasive.  Here is my M.A. before and after Thermage only.  Best wishes.invasive.  

David Alessi, MD

Kybella or ThermiTight for jawlines

Kybella is FDA cleared for reduction of submental fat, so is very specific in its focus.  If there is that pinchable mound of fat just behind the chin, then you are a candidate.  For many people it is the loss of cheek volume and descent of the cheek that creates havoc with the jawline and jowling,  When this occurs, we need to look at various options:  volume replacement in the cheeks with Sculptra or Voluma, tightening of the lower face and submandibular area with Ultherapy, or directly addressing jowling through skin tightening using either Thermi or Infini.  Best to check in with someone who offers all of the above to get your best options discussed.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon