What do you recommend for my droopy/sagging brows at a young age (24)? (photos)

My eyebrows seem to droop or sag over my eyelids making me look horrible. However, for years on end I learned to contract my head muscles to keep them up as show in the photo. Lately, the muscles I contract have been hurting, making it difficult for me to contract them anymore. I don't want people to know what I look like with my face relaxed naturally. I'm only 24 but I did lose 90 lbs at age 12. Are there any cheap options to help my face naturally look how I contract my head muscles?

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. You are young so a non-surgical and more temporary approach may be best. You should consider fillers to decrease wrinkles and other early signs of aging. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to learn more about fillers and brow shaping. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow position

Thank you for the photos and though an examination is really needed you might benefit just from brow reshaping without the need for surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Schedule Brow Shaping

Dear cerulean28,

I suggest you schedule an appointment for shaping your brows. Simply putting some arch in your brow will help achieve a more opened eye appearance. I see you're in Orange County. You may want to try Trompe l'oeil with Jill Marcowicz at (949) 675-2024. She is an expert and will advise you well. Also I've attached a video above showing an example of an endoscopic brow lift and further examples in the link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

What do you recommend for my droopy/sagging brows at a young age (24)?

I agree with those who feel that you are not a candidate for any surgical procedure since your brow position is actually very good.  You have some fullness of your upper lid/brow region which is considered to be youthful and you have a visible eyelid crease as well.  You might achieve some benefit from injection of Botox to the crow's feet to slightly elevate your brows if you are curious to see how much change you can achieve.  Best wishes and good luck,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

This is not the answer you want to hear I think, but your brow position is fine. With some help in cosmetically resizing and reshaping your brows you can make them more appropriate for your face, however. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What do you recommend for my droopy sagging eyebrows?

Unfortunately, your eyebrows are not in ta low position therefore brow lift is unnecessary. A thorough examination of the  eyelids in person is probably required to to determine what the issues are

Drooping Brows

Your picture doesn't really show much drooping, however there are several non-surgical options to lift eyebrows. First, Botox or Dysport can be used to elevate eyebrows. This can be done quickly in the office and starts to work in a few days and can last 3-6 months. It needs to be repeated to maintain the effect.

Ultherapy is a great non-surgical way to lift eyebrows. It takes about 20 minutes and has not downtime and the effects last several years. Another way to lift eyebrows is with dermal fillers. This can add some volume to the brow and elevate them. The effect can last up to a year.

It is important to consult a surgeon with experience in this area.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon