Does prejowl sulcus resolve with swelling? (photos)

I had a chin implant done 19 days ago, but I'm not very satisfied with how it looks in the front, especially the prejowl sulcus on the jowl making my chin completely separated from my jawline (my implant doesn't have wings). I know there is still significant swelling at this point but I'm afraid it's more the implant shape than the swelling that's the problem. So my question is, does the sulcus resolve gradually with swelling or is it permanent even after 6-12 months.

Prejowl sulcus

Swelling is usually gone by three to four months. To improve the pre jowl sulcus an extended implant is better than a short one.

Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prejowl sulcus

Your prejowl sulcus will become less apparent as your swelling resolves; this may take upto 3 months so please be patient.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Jill area

Thank you for the photo and question and it would appear that you might benefit from a different style implant.  So see your surgeon or other expert in the field. 
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Talk to your surgeon

It does look like you could use some additional volume more laterally. If you are sure your implant didn't have wings, talk to your surgeon about switching it out.  The sooner the better as the longer the implant stays in the more of a capsule will form which can make changes more difficult. 

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon