Is it normal to have Clitoris pain/extra sensitivity 5 days after surgery? (Photos)

I chose the trim method for numerous reasons. I virtually had no pain up until today. I realize it might be swollen, but i haven't read anywhere where girls have pain in the clitoris. Did she possible cut too close to my clitoris? I realize i need to wait until the swelling goes down, but I'm not sure how I can go to work like this. Should I put some sort of numbing cream on it? It's pretty intense. I am calm, but more information would be nice. My doctor isn't in for a few days. Thank you in advance.

Clitoral swelling post surgery

Thank you for sharing.You do appear a little swollen although it does appear you are healing well.Clitoral sensitivity can be present especially during the initial phase of healing and is usually only transient.   I would try and get in to see your surgeon sooner then later but from what you have described and your picture, it appears you are healing well.

Avoiding the trim

I choose to AVOID the trim for numerous reasons:
  • scars close to the clitoris
  • Long scars
  • Long healing time
  • Scars close to the vaginal opening
  • Abnormal appearance to labia
  • Scalloping and lumps and bumps along the incisions
  • Inadequate treatment of an enlarged clitoral hood
  • More pain
  • More swelling
  • Over resection/amputation
  • Under resection
  • Baseball suturing and exposed sutures
  • High likelihood of revision
  • Easier surgery performed by many inexperienced providers
Your best bet is to speak to your doctor about your concerns and discomfort. I try to avoid any topical creams early on in the recovery process, favoring only Vaseline. If your clitoris is exposed, you will have constant sensitivity in that area.

Clitoral sensitivity after labiaplasty

Your pictures appear to show a normal amount of swelling for 5 days post labiaplasty.  While you didn't have clitoral pain immediately post op, it is not unusual for the character of the pain to change in the course of healing.  This includes pain in the surrounding tissues.  I would see your surgeon at the earliest available appointment for a full examination to rule out any other cause for the pain.  

David F. Klein, MD
Concord Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon is not available, so I thought I'd ask you guys... Clitoral area pain after labiaplasty

This is a question for your surgeon. A surgical fee and proper post-operative care mandate AVAILABILITY for post-operative concerns. This is a question to be answered by your surgeon (you know, the one you paid all that $$ to..?!)

That said, the appearance in normal for P.O.D. # 5; the swelling & discomfort from the clitoris are usually the last to resolve, but again: ask your surgeon!!

Michael P Goodman MD
Davis, CA, USA

What is normal recovery after labiaplasty

will vary for everyone.  If you are not showing signs of infection and had no problems prior to this, its unlikely anything surgical is involved but you should check with your surgeon.  Your surgeon is obligated to have someone covering for  her in her absence so you should be able to talk and even see another surgeon if needed.

Curtis Wong, MD

Clitoral pain

Clitoral pain is normal after surgery as all of the tissues are swollen. It will take at least one month for you to feel normal.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Clitoral pain after labiaplasty

Pain near the clitoris is usually due to inflammation (swelling). Swelling can be due to sutures, infection, bleeding, prolonged standing or sitting, and overmanipulation. All of these are temporary conditions, but some require medical attention. See your surgeon as soon as possible.