Is it normal for the breast to look still saggy, floppy and jiggly on day 1 of my explant removal with a anchor lift?

I just got home from surgery. I can't stop crying! I had 550 CC under the muscle saline implants in for 8 yrs. I wanted to remove them because I wanted natural and smaller breasts! I just took off the bandages and my areola's look small but my boobs are dented, uneven, floppy and just gross!! I am so sad! I know they weren't going to look cute but I was expecting them to be a little tucked in and tighter. Will they get tighter, fluff up some? Should I call my Dr?

Too soon

You are very early in your recovery process.  Your breasts will continue to change over the next several months.  Do not be concerned at this point.  Continue to follow the advice of your surgeon and though it's hard, try to be patient.  

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - saggy, floppy and jiggly

I'm sorry about the experience you're having.  You should definitely contact your own PS to discuss your concerns at this point, and going forward.  He or she may not be able to tell you what you want to hear, and it does not necessarily need to be an urgent phone call, but that is the person you need to talk to.  In general, though removing 550cc implants and then having a lift will make you much smaller than you were and, furthermore, the tissues (remaining) will continue to shrink a bit as part of the healing.  That makes them a little smaller (eventually) BUT they should also tighten up a bit.  The advantage of staging a procedure such as this is that your tissues can contract on their own before the lift.  However, it can be a distressing process (to have large implants removed and then wait, and wait) so for this degree of reduction it's understandable that you had it done this way.  You should speak with your PS to go over the details of your recovery, and what can be expected at each stage.  Again, though, I'm sorry for any distress.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

See Your Surgeon

It is not uncommon for patients to have some degree of shock when they see their breast after implant removal, especially when they have had large implants.  I recommend my patients wear a compression bra to expedite healing.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon in the event a revision is needed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Miserable with anchor lift and implant removal

Thank you for asking about your breast explant and anchor life.

• I am so sorry you are in such distress.
  • Every woman is shocked by the appearance of her breasts after implants are removed -
  • And you had large implants.
  • Whether or not there is an issue with your anchor lift is impossible to say, without seeing the result -
  • That said, early after any surgery results do not look good.
  • I strongly suggest you call your surgeon, discuss your concern and go in soon to be examined.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

In general yes. Being that said I have no clue what you looked like before or now. It is a little easier to say what looks ok or not ok with a photo. It will take several months for the tissue to settle so it is very early. Give it time and I am sure thinks will settle well. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Sagging

Your are very recent from just having large implants removed. It will take time for your tissues to settle and for you to adjust to your new look.  Once healed, if you are not happy, a smaller implant could be added or possible a lift done. Please give yourself time to heal and let your tissues settle. Please discuss any concerns you have with your doctor.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant explant

I'm sorry that you are having a difficult time. It is very normal at this stage for your breast skin to be loose and the appearance to be uneven. Over the next several months your breast will change as the skin contracts. Your appearance will improve as you heal. Decreasing your breast by 550cc is significant and will take some time for your body to recover. If you still have some loose skin after a few month it might be possible to get a breast lift. Hope this helps.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Your concerns after breast implant removal surgery are understandable but...

Although significant emotional "ups and downs" are understandable, I would encourage you to remember what you already know at an intellectual level: it will take time to see the final outcome after breast implant removal surgery. As you know, breast skin/tissues do tend to contract back or "fluff" over the course of the first several months after surgery.  In other words, time and patience will likely be your "best friends" over the course the next several months.   I would encourage you to keep your mind occupied with activities you enjoy ( a good book, movies…?). Best wishes.