Could I get neck and cheek liposuction? (Photo)

I don't know what type of surgery I could get to remove my droopy cheeks, they hang low on my face. And am I eligible for neck liposuction? Do I need a facelift or chin augmentation?

Liposuction to improve lower face

Thank you for asking about your lower face and neck.

• Your photos show that neck liposuction and probably a central neck lift will improve your profile.
  • However an examination is needed to see what should be done for your lower facial fullness.
  • If there is excess buccal fat, it can be removed, if there is excess fat under the skin - liposuction will reduce it - and if the fullness is from a heavy masseter muscle, Botox will treat it.
  • If the skin is loose however you may need additional surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Can liposuction be performed on the face?

#Liposuction can be performed on the #face to slim it down as well under the #chin area. However, once there is #excess skin, then you may need other procedures if you wish to fully tighten the areas. I do not usually use any elastic chin straps, bandages and I use a small access incision inside the nose for this so there is no visible marks. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lower facial fullness

Seventy percent of all persons have some element of lower facial fullness that they deem to be unsightly. The submental area can be addressed surgically with liposuction or non surgically with Kybella injections. The cheek fullness is best addressed via buccal fat pad removal which is a 30-45 min. intra-office procedure that is nicely performed using local anesthesia. Additionally, these two procedures are frequently performed in the same setting with minimal downtime.

Could I get neck and cheek liposuction?

Yes, you may be a candidate for Liposuction of these areas. Keep in mind - the best way to determine treatment options is-- a physical exam. The physical exam- may reveal additional components contributing to the unsightly areas. For example- droopy skin may be a factor, in which case- a lift would help.

Could I get neck and cheek liposuction?

I don't think that you're a candidate for liposuction at all.  During a face to face consultation I would evaluate you for possible buccal fat pad excision performed through a small incision near your molars within your mouth. This will reduce the fullness in the areas that you circled slimming your face but will not "lift" the skin of your cheeks.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD