Mild nose blowing handless after narrowed bones and septorhinoplasty?

I have been blowing air through my nose without placing pressure since week 2 and I am now week 3 post op... could I have damaged my results by pushing my nasal bones apart ???

Typically most surgeons have instructions not to blow your nose after nasal surgery to prevent disrupting the work that has been performed and blowing the nose can also increase swelling and/or bleeding in the nasal area.  Following your surgeon's instructions is always the best policy and "side-stepping" instructions or following them at a lower adherence level can only increase the risk of having issues.  Best not to "gamble" with your results.I hope this helps.

Recovering from rhinoplasty and nose blowing

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Your surgeon may have many precautions to get you the best outcome possible. Nose blowing is restricted because some people blow very hard, forcing air and putting pressure on the nose. Nose surgery performed for functional reasons is meant to improve the air flow in your nose. You may be seeing early signs of this if you feel more air moving through your nose. It's best to follow your surgeon's instructions to the letter. If you have concerns bring them up at your follow-up appointment so your surgeon can make sure your healing is on track. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and the simple answer is NO but if you have concerns see your surgeon and be examined
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD