How long will 1/4 syringe Voluma last in lip area?

I had 1 syringe of voluma injected 2 months ago split between my cheeks and vermillion border of lips. I hate lips. How long can I expect this to last? I know it's supposed to last 2 years but this was, I'm guessing, maybe 1/4 syringe around mouth. Not sure if I should do vitrase or wait it out. I can wait a few months not 2 years. Thank you!

Voluma in lips

While Voluma results do tend to last for 2 years, filler in the lips are generally not as long lasting. Whether or not you want to wait is going to be up to you. I don't use Voluma in the lips. However, there is a new filler called Volbella which was designed for the lips and I think delivers excellent results. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of Voluma in the lips

Volume could potentially last up to 2 years. It is less likely to last that long in the lips and as a 1/4 of a syringe was used it will last even shorter period. It is different from person to person. You can have it injected with hyaluronidase to dissolve the product.

Good luck!

Hello Lolo8921,

Voluma can last up to two years.  The reason is because it is thicker and has better cross linking (kind of like glue) between the molecules.  The lasting two years is when it is in the cheeks.  Fillers in the lips tend to go away faster than other areas because the lips are so mobile.  However, if you don't like the result I would recommend you receive the injection of hyaluronidase.  In the future, consider a softer filler for the lips like Restylane Silk or Juvederm Ultra XC.  I would avoid Voluma there because even though it can give the longest lasting result, because it is so thick it doesn't create the most natural feel or look.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma is a 2 year filler intended for the cheek area

Voluma is considered a robust large-particle size filler to be placed deeply under the skin. Since the filler does last 2 years, waiting it out is probably not your best option.  If at 2 months you don't like the way it looks by the lip area I think you should return to your injector to have it removed using the vitrase.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

How long will 1/4 syringe Voluma last in lip area? = unknown #voluma #lips #lipenhancement

Voluma is a stiff hyaluronic acid based filler for mid face augmentation. it las about 2 years when injected on the mid face.

Although voluma can be used in other areas as roff-label-use, voluma is not recommended to be used in the lip since it is very stiff. Therefore, Juvederm, restylane or belotero hyaluronic acid based fliers are used for lip augmentation.

In general fillers last less longer in the lips than when applied in other areas of the body, Therefore, It is possible the duration of voluma in the lips will be less than two years.

John Mesa, MD

Needs a recheck

Voluma in the lip is unknown for longevity.  In the deep face it can last two years.
If the area in your lips is troublesome, bumpy, or irregular, Vitrasse injections can help.

Voluma in Lips

You didn't tell us what you hate about the Voluma in your lips nor did you send a picture, so I'm curious.
And yes, part of what is wonderful about Voluma is that it DOES last as long as it does.
I don't know of any way you can accelerate its deterioration, so you have a choice.  Why not see a cosmetic dermatologist to talk about your options for removal of the material.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist