Is labiaplasty revision an option for me? (Photo)

I had labiaplasty 6 months ago and am unhappy. I wanted more labia removed and my clitoris sticks out unless I tug up on my skin. My labia majora cause bulges in swimsuits and gym pants and I am insecure about my clitoral hood which was cut at the top and has extra skin. I don't like how lose it looks when i spread my legs, I want a tight slit appearance. I also hate how much my labia shows while standing, is it possible for me to have more of an innie appearance? What about the barbie look?

It looks like your previous surgeon left you a bit more skin than you prefer.  You can have it revised anytime.  Be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in Labiaplasty procedures.

Revisions as well as reduction of your hood and majora

would help you achieve your goals.  The most difficult thing to achieve is a fuller minora on the deficient side.  But your majora and hood could easily be reduced to improve your look and diminish your bulge.  Talk to your surgeon to see if the rest can be done.  If you're concerned about costs, you may wish to consider traveling north... it could save you thousands and I am experienced and have a very generous revision policy.

Curtis Wong, MD

Revision labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction

As the inventor and innovator of the wedge technique in 1994, I reconstruct many women who have had labia reductions by other surgeons, both wedge and trimming techniques.  The reconstruction technique depends on the deformity. You would also benefit from a labia minora revision, a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction, and a labia majora reduction. 

The labia reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You will need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but I can't tell until I see you or better photos. 

Your clitoral hood is thick, wide, and protuberant.  It can be decreased somewhat by reducing the sides.  I pioneered a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased. I have done it over 250 times with excellent results. No one else does this procedure like me as I have not published it.

Your labia majora are enlarged, so skin and probably fat can be excised to make them smaller and less protruding. The technique I pioneered leaves a scar on the inside of the majora in the fold between the majora and the minor and clitoral hood.  I have published and lectured extensively on this procedure in textbooks and throughout the world.

You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, M.D. 

Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NYC

Gary J. Alter, MD

...Of Revisions and Bulges...?

Of course, “final judgement” re: the best exact procedure to accomplish what you eloquently described awaits an in-person evaluation, yes- your goals, if reasonable, can be accomplished. Whenever a review is undertaken, your experienced revision surgeon is working on tissues that have already been “surgerized,” altered “re-arranged,” and frequently exact aesthetic results are approximate, not exact.

That said, I would recommend a bilateral clitoral hood reduction, removing all excessive epithelium but not trying heroically to re-locate the clitoral glans. I would perform either a revision trim or small V or V-Y wedge, possibly connecting the V upwards as a “Y” to revise the clitoral hood that distresses you sight-wise when viewed from above.

As for the “camel toe,” I would advise a labia majoraplasty with a vertical incision, using small caliber delayed absorbable sub-cuticular (under-the-skin; not visible) sutures along with dermabond for the skin. (This gives an almost invisible scar…)

Whomever you choose, CHOOSE EXPERIENCE! The weblink & blogs may help you...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Is labiaplasty revision an option for me?

Thank you for your question and photos. As you know by now from experience, not every plastic surgeon or gynecologist can deliver a good result surgically. Based on your photos, you do have asymmetrical labias, excess clitoral hooding and a wide vaginal opening. All these areas can be addressed and improved for you, but it is imperative that you choose a surgeon with experience in these types of surgeries. If it is done inappropriately again, you might end up with permanent distortion or mutilation. See a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologists who has extensive experience in female cosmetic genital surgery for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck. 

Labiaplasty revision

Labiaplasty revision is definitely an option for you; meticulous surgical planning should allow you to get the results that you desire.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Thank you for sharing and although I am sorry you are not happy with your results, the good news is that your labias were not amputated and therefore based on your pictures, you would be a very good candidate for a revision procedure of the labia minora as well as the clitoral hood.

I would recommend finding an experienced surgeon and seek an in office evaluation for a more detailed evaluation and recommendations.

Based of luck.

Is labiaplasty revision a possibility for me?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your labiaplasty results have not been what you anticipated.  I do think that you are a candidate for a revision procedure to further reduce your labia in both projection and length while also reducing the size of your clitoral hood.  An in-person examination will better delineate if a labia majora reduction or clitoropexy is also indicated.  Hope this helps.