Can my labiaplasty be revised?

I had labiaplasty 7 months ago on my labia minora and i'm unhappy with the results. I have a large buldge when I wear bikinis/leggings due to my large labia majora which I didn't notice before surgery because I was preoccupied with my large labia minora at the time. I want a neat, tidy slit from the front and a slit when I open my legs. Also, there seems to be extra skin above my clitoris and an uneven amount of labia leftover, and discoloration. Are these results attainable for me or not?

Difficult to comment

Without images it is difficult to comment

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a revision??

YES! You can better approximate the "doable" results you seek. The next phase would be for you to carefully comb websites of EXPERIENCED surgeons who SPECIALIZE in genitl platic work, an specifically revisions, and call their offices re: info and consult. The weblink below and other areas on this educational site will help...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, usa

Yes, but will it be perfect? Depends...

Thank you for your post. Yes, of course Labiaplasty revision is possible since it sounds like you have asymmetry of your recently reduce labia as well as persistent clitoral hood. In addition, you are seeking to improve the appearance of your labia majora by adding another surgery to your revision. This too is possible, BUT whether the results YOU want and expect very much depends on your anatomy, body habitus and expectations. This can only be determined at the time of a consultation.

Please see link below for advice in finding the best doctor for you and to view the thousands of before and after photos of some representative work. You will likely need to consult with a few surgeons till you find the one you're most confident in. You should expect to travel.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Labiaplasty revision

Labial tissues are soft tissues so they can be altered as needed. A photo or consultation is needed to provide you exact details of how your results can be improved.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Post a photo of your labiaplasty result

Any labiaplasty can be revised. However, specific details of your potential revision require photos more than words to establish what can be done to address your needs.

Labia majora and clitoral hood enlargement.

If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced. If your clitoral hood is thick, wide, and protuberant. It can be decreased somewhat by reducing the sides. I invented a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased. I have performed this procedure over 250 times with excellent results. 

If your labia majora are enlarged, then skin and probably fat can be excised to make them smaller and less protruding. The technique I pioneered leaves a scar on the inside of the majora in the fold between the majora and the minor and clitoral hood.  I have published and lectured extensively on this procedure in textbooks and throughout the world.

No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.

Gary J. Alter, M.D.

Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty of the majora, +/- hoodectomy

Although photos would be revealing and a physical exam necessary eventually, it sounds as though you are otherwise satisfied with the labia minora result.? If so then no "revision" is indicated but rather first time surgery to reduced/tuck the labia majora and reduce the excess hood skin. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Labia Revision

Thank you for your question.It is challenging to evaluate your condition without photographs and a physical examination.  I understand your concerns. I would recommend finding an experienced genital surgeon, which include Cosmetic Urologists, even if it involves traveling.  The surgeon should be able to discuss the options with you based on your individual findings on physical examination.  Best of luck.

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Labiaplasty revision

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear that you aren't pleased with your result. Although it is difficult to know without pictures, based on your description you may have needed additional procedures including a clitoral hood reduction with lift and possibly a labia majora plasty. If you are not happy with the appearance the the labia minors then this may require a revision. I recommend that you locate a surgeon with specialized training and dedicated practice to vaginal reconstructive and aesthetic surgery to obtain the best results. Your surgeon should be able to address your concerns and offer options to help you achieve your desired outcome.

Good luck in your search.

Peter Castillo, MD, FACOG
Bay Area Urogynecologist

Labiaplasty revision, clitoral hood reduction and labia majora reduction

Dear Ms Sunshine

Yes  most likely it can be revised however it is extremely difficult to give you and exact plan of action without seeing your post operative results.  I will tell you that your next surgery is your best hope for attaining the results you so desire ............ so do not choose an inexperienced revision surgeon and choose a surgeon who understands labia minora revisions, labia majora reductions and clitoral hood reductions. When choosing a labia minora revision specialists please make he has the skill, reputation, experience and one who is capable of achieving your aesthetic goals.I have been performing labia revisions on botched surgery for more than 15 years  When choosing a surgeon to perform revision surgery make sure the surgeon has before and after photos on revisions surgery. 

Choosing a cosmetic vaginal surgeon or any surgeon should be one of the most important decisions of your life. Failure to choose a surgeon with experience, expertise and one who achieves excellent results is not an easy find especially a surgeon who has experience with botched labiaplasties. There are a lot of surgeons who think they are experts in the field but they don’t work on vaginas daily. You will also need t0 find a surgeon who has experience in labia majora reduction.  My partner and I were the first surgeons in the world to write about the simultaneous reduction of the labia minora and majora.  The majora surgery can leave a large scar if the surgeon is not careful. Again experience, expertise, reputation and great results should be the criteria you use to find the surgeon who will meet your aesthetic goals.  Make sure to review the websites botched labia section.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai