Infini vs sculptra for acne scars?

I would like to know the difference between sculptra and infini. I know their main difference, but would like to know which is more effective in building collagen. i've tried every treatment there is for acne scars except these two. i'd like to try one of the two but not sure which is more reliable in building new collagen.

The answer lies in treating the scar type

If you want to have the best results, its not a comparison between 2 method or devices e.g.. Sculptra vs Infini. Both can stimulate collagen, however the mechanism of action is completely different. The aim is to treat the scar type, using different methods. Yes, I do like fillers, and yes I also like INFINI RF - especially in combination with PRP. Video shows you my method of approaching scars. This is not unique, as most of the Specialist in this forum do the same. Dr Jason Emer is highly regarded, and he is in LA. 

All the best in your quest. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Infini Vesus Sculptra

Both scuptra and the infini micro needling device builds collagen. However, sculptra is primarily for adding volume and the infini is best for improving wrinkles, acne scarring, and texture of the skin. Depending on your desires, i would choose one of these options. In my opinion, the infini works best for acne scars but it will require multiple treatments.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

Acne scars

Sculptra is a filler used to add volume to the face as it goes through the normal changes of aging.  INFINI is an energy based device with microneedling that stimulates collagen production in the dermis; this can give you a lift if you have laxity, rejuvenate your skin and improve your acne scars.  As such, INFINI would be my recommendation for your acne scar.  You may need several treatment over a few months and it will take some time to heal and improve the appearance of the scars.  It is also great for dark skinned patients as it has a low risk of pigment changes compared to lasers.  Good luck.

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Infini Microneedling is better for acne scarring than Sculptra in my NYC practice

Many acne scars are depressed and not all depressed scars are easily raised with fillers, or volumizers, such as Sculptra.  Resurfacing techniques including Infini microneedling, Fraxel laser (both Fraxel Restore/Dual and Fraxel Repair), Halo laser, the  PicoSure Laser, and the old-fashioned dermabrasion techniques improve indented scars by building up collagen underneath them, but also resurfacing the surface texture. It is difficult to lift some, not all scars, by using a filler or Sculptra if the scar is bound down to the underlying tissue. In fact, those scars can look worse if the filler can't get underneath the scar and is squeezed into the surrounding tissue making the adjacent skin look more raised, and in turn, making the scar now look more indented.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating acne scars

Thank you for your question. If your goal it to treat over all volume loss from aging and weight loss Sculptra helps build collagen and volumize the mid face. If your main concern is acne scars and textural changes INFINI would be your treatment of choice.  I have worked with just about every procedure over the years and none has given me quite the same results as infini to resurface scars and tighten the skin. The average acne scar patient will need around 3 treatment 2-3  months apart. Residual scarring can be touch up with a permanent filler called Bellafill and/ or more superficial resurfacing treatments such as clear and brilliant. 

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Infini Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question. The treatment that would give you the best collagen build would be Sculptra. This collagen stimulator is the most effective at bringing back volume to people who have lost it as they've aged. The Infini treatment  on the other hand is a treatment used for people who would like to improve wrinkles, acne scars, textural issues and laxity of the skin. Any time the skin is injured the body is induced to create new collagen. I would suggest you get a consultation to see what your concerns are and so you can explore options to treat your skin. Hope this helps, Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Please post photos for further evaluation. Lasers and radiofrequency do well for texture and some mild crepe skin but they don't help with volume, skin tightening and that scarring that needs fillers/sculptra/fat. I suggest seeking an expert that can tailor treatment to your individual skin type and acne scars. Best, Dr. Emer

Acne scars Infini vs Sculptra

I actually train for both these products. Sculptra is not nearly as good an option as Infini IF YOU ARE VOLUMIZED. If you need volume, then Sculptra is an excellent choice. Infini is the best device I have used for acne scars and the choice from many of the thought leaders in the field. I would have 3-4 treatments. Deeper scars might require more than Infini and in those cases, I use Bellafill. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD