I had lipo 2 months ago on my tummy and thighs. I'm worried because my tummy looks just as fat now as it did before. (Photo)

I keep reading that you should be at 80% at two months. Is this fat I'm seeing? Do people "shrink" more after a few more months?

Persistant swelling after liposuction

at 2 months there should be improvement, but the final result could take 3 to 6 months.  I usually don't take post op photos before 3 months.  you should direct your questions to the operating surgeon, and ask how much was aspirated.  If you don't get satisfactory answers, you can always get a second opinion from another surgeon.

Swelling after Liposuction

Thanks for your question and photo!   At 2 months post-op after liposuction, most patients are still swollen with some patients not achieving total resolution of their swelling until 3-6 months.  Having both before and after photos, measurements, and weight changes, would be helpful in determining the changes from liposuction. After 6 months or when swelling is fully resolved, some touch-up lipo can be done in the office.  Hope this helps...best of luck!

Joyce C. Chen, MD, MPH, FACS

Skin Excess

There is likely some residual swelling, however there appears to be more subcutaneous fat and skin excess. If your doctor isn't an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon, you should visit one who is to re-evaluate you and give you options. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- CANDIDATE?

You may need a vaser hi definition procedure or if you have loose skin have the stomach skin removed. i am unsure based on your photos and i do not see before photos as well to compare.  Please see a body shaping physician for the best treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tummy looks the same as before liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry you are concerned about your liposuction result.
  • Without before photos and knowing if you have had children, one can't tell you must.
  • Swelling lasts longer than expected in some people but persistent fullness can occur if -
  • You needed a tummy tuck or if you have a seroma (fluid collection), gained weight or too little fat was removed.
  • I suggest you return to your surgeon for an exam and to discuss what is causing this appearance.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS