Hypo/hyperpigmentation and scars. Can these be avoided for my tattoo removal ? How can I tell if I will develop this?

I have a large tattoo on my arm I'm planning on removing. I'm Hispanic / Native American and Filipino. How can I know or any skin assessment that I can do to determine weather or not I am a candidate for laser tattoo removal ? Any feedback ,comments are appreciated ! Thank you '

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

I suggest seeing an expert for a consultation of laser treatments to determine what is best.  Dr. Emer.

Tattoo removal

Thank you for your question. There is always a risk of hypopigmentation in individuals with darker skin color. The most important steps you should take is to find a doctor who is experienced in tattoo removal and has a Pico laser, like a PicoSure. There is no scarring with a Picosure laser! The doctor can then evaluate you and perform a test spot to determine if you will hypopigment. In that way they can determine if you are a good candidate or not. Best of luck!

James Shire, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon