Is this a hematoma on my right breast and should I be concerned about it? (Photo)

I had a breast lift with saline implants 12 days ago. I haven't had any complications or lifted anything heavy. I have been physically active to a moderate extent...I have young kids. Thanks for any advice. I've texted my doctor and am waiting for his response.

Is this a hematoma on my right breast and should I be concerned about it?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Hematoma or appearance of a recently reshaped breast? Only your PS knows for sure

Your early results look good, although I can appreciate a difference between the sides.  The right upper pole appears fuller, however, this could be explained by a variety of reasons, which don't include hematoma.  Hang tight and text your PS.  (S)/he knows best. Good luck.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Thank you for your question.  It's hard to tell by the photo alone.  Please make sure that you see your surgeon and get examined.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Right breast asymmetry

it seems that your right breast is higher than the left at least from a photograph evaluation; It is very important to keep the breasts at the same position in the early period until a capsule develops around them and makes their position permanent; A favorite garment for this purpose is the mermaid breast band.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

This is difficult to tell on one picture and not doing a complete exam.  However, you need to call and see your doctor immediately for their opinion and help.

Best of luck to you.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma

Thank hyou for the question and the photo though an examination is really needed so see your surgeon or other expert in the area and be evaluated

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD