Full tummy tuck? (photos)

Would I be a better candidate for a full or mini tuck?

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a full Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back.  This will give you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

If you don't mind holding your tummy in

then you could get by with a mini.  But if you'd rather have it flatter when your tummy is relaxed, then a full tuck is needed.  You really need to be careful with where your surgeon is going to put your incision as there are way too many 'high' scars seen on this site.  In addition, you should be informed of what will happen to your belly button... float, transposition that leaves a scar around it, or vertical scar and possible reconstruction (which isn't bad if you belly button is ugly or very deep as the muscle tightening will make it deeper).

Curtis Wong, MD

Full tummy tuck? (photos)

Because the post-pregnancy weakness of your abdominal wall and the resulting bulge extends up above your belly button, I believe a MODIFIED full tummy tuck would best meet your needs.  You don't appear to have skin overhang from the submitted side view, so you could have a short low scar (like mini-tummy tuck), but abdominal wall tightening should be all the way to the top of your abdomen to tighten the waist and flatten the abdominal silhouette from side view.  The link provided below shows such a patient, who had breast augmentation during same procedure.

Steve Laverson, MD

Tummy tuck

Thank you for you photos and question, looks like you can benefit from a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flatter abdomen this will give you great results, an in person consultation would better evaluate you. Consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Full Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction to the waist and back to optimize your overall shape.  Our central approach with these procedures is to provide a 360 degree improvement in order to get a beautiful flat abdomen, and to maximize feminine curves.  For the abdomen a tummy tuck will flatten the abdomen, cinch in the waist, and remove excess fat and skin from the lower abdomen.  Liposuction to the back and waist will give you a lean appearance and accentuate the hour glass figure. Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  It is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

It appears from the photos that you posted that you are an excellent candidate for a full #tummy tuck. You have a #diastasis recti or separation of your muscles probably due to pregnancies. This would not be corrected with a #minitummy tuck procedure. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

TT

Thank you for your question and your photo.

i recommend and feel that the best for you is a full Tummy Tuck for better results.

Best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your photos, they are helpful but do not give all the information needed to give you a definitive answer. A frontal photo would be more informative but also not a substitute for an in person consultation.

The lateral view of your abdomen demonstrates relaxation of the abdominal muscles which is creating the fullness you see between the rib cage and the pubic bone. There appears to be excess skin above your belly button creating the fullness there. This is a good indication that there is skin excess which would require removal while maintaining the natural position of your belly button. Whether this is via a modified or full approach would require an in person evaluation.

At that time the contour of the hips and flanks can be evaluated to fine tune your abdominal contour.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and offer the best option to achieve your desired results.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

It's hard to say based on this one photo, but my feeling is a full tummy tuck would give the best result. I would recommend consulting in person with a few experienced plastic surgeons to see what's best.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Full vs mini tummy tuck

The important aspect of a procedure is that it corrects all to the identified problems, not what it is called. Regarding the abdomen, that means addressing skin, muscle, and fat, if needed.  In the images provided (only in the lateral view) there appears to be muscle laxity, skin laxity and localized collections of fat. All of the above should be modified. Additionally, it appears that there may be a high riding belly button which in many cases, allows the surgeon to float the belly button downward, performing the abdominoplasy with no incision around the belly button.