I have had silicone fillera for my acne scars. Expert of infini laser in Southern California.

I contacted a doxtor in SD who performs infini and she informed me that I can't do the procedure since I have silicone in my skin. I've heard from other doctors that it is possible to do Infini when silicone is placed in the skin. I'm lookomg for suggestions and if it's possible for me to get infini now? Also are there doctors who are comfertable with doing Infini while there are silicones in the skin. Thanks

Silicon and Infini

This question is not easy. Most likely, the procedure will go well without complications. I'd say that there is a 2% chance or less that the silicon gets irritated and causes a granulomatous response. This is extremely hard to treat once it occurs and might not be worth the risk. This is not just limited to a treatment with Infini. It can occur with lasers and other injectables. Silicon can stay "quiet" for 10-15 years and then get inflammatory from procedures or unknown reasons. It's too unpredictable. I wouldn't be willing to do the procedure.

Go the distance--See an expert for infini laser after silicone

You can get laser or microneedling/prp procedures after getting silicone injections.  However, I suggest you see a well trained cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon as you want to prevent the risk of any infection or inflammation. Don't let distance dissuade you, see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.