Am I crazy? Medial thigh lift timeline and recovery question (Photos)

I'm looking to get a medial thought light mid November. I'm getting married end of February and have a bridal shower three weeks post op. My honeymoon is immediately after the wedding. Am I crazy to proceed with the medial thigh lift and lipo so close to the wedding? I'm 28 year old healthy female who lost 100 lbs naturally and has kept it off for 6 years.

Medial thigh lift timeline and recovery

Hi-Congrats on the wedding! If I was you I would wait until the wedding is over and the Honeymoon is done and dusted! Your are having a major surgical operation which can have complications such as delayed wound healing. It would be a real shame if this prevents you from enjoying the best time of your life.  

Am I crazy? Medial thigh lift timeline and recovery question

If you are going to have a medial thigh lift, you will need at least 6 weeks to function normally.

How long is the recovery from a medial thigh lift?

I am President of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons and body contouring after weight loss is my specialty. You actually may be a candidate for just liposuction of the inner thighs. This would have a quicker recovery(actually almost no limitations in most cases). Hwever, it will leave some excess skin. If you want to remove the excess skin, then you would need the medial thighplasty. This I do as an outpatient and the recover to full activity is about 2 weeks. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Medial thigh lift

First off, congratulations on the weight loss that is quite an accomplishment.

The images you submitted have very different perspectives and make it challenging to give a definitive
answer on how to proceed surgically.

Some improvement can come from nonsurgical devices like Vanquish ME which will reduce fatty volume by 20% and yield some skin tightening. This would be your safest and least invasive option prior to your wedding. NO downtime and no complications.

Next level up would be liposuction alone. This will make a nice contour improvement but I can not tell you how your skin will retract. This is a surgical procedure with down time and recovery which is modest but may leave the skin more lax than you might like.

A medial thigh lift will make the most significant improvement in the medial thigh but will also have the longest recovery period and the possibilities of complications which could have significant consequences for your upcoming wedding and honeymoon.

I recommend seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in body contouring after weight loss to evaluate you and discuss each of the points raised above.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon