Clitoropexy alternatives?

I had labiaplasty 6 months ago and am unhappy in my appearance, especially with my clitoral area. Doctors on this site have said that I could benefit from a clitoropexy because my clitoris protrudes, but I would rather not do this from all the negative things I've read on it and it is quite hard to find a doctor who performs this...are there any alternatives to make my clitoris less prominent?

Clitoroplasty

Thank you for your question.  It is challenging to answer your question without photographs.  A clitoroplasty may all that be necessary if it was not performed at the time of labiaplasty. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced cosmetic genital surgeon even if that requires traveling in order to discuss the surgical options.   

Best of luck.   

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

Large clitoris?

Sometimes if a labiaplasty does not address the excess clitoral hood, the clitoral area can look disproportionately large.  Without photos it is hard to tell, but adding a clitoral hood reduction can bring the whole area into balance without having surgery on the clitoris itself. Consult with doctors who specifically offer clitoral hood reduction. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Surgical reduction of protuberant clitoris & clitoral hood

Hello Orange County Friend...

Really need photo(s) to counsel you properly. Of course there are excellent options other than clitoropexy (with its risks-- sort of like a spinal fusion: a procedure of last resort!). In the hands of a skilled and experienced genital plastic "artiste," excess clitoral hood skin can be aesthetically removed and the clitoral body itself be visually diminished in protuberance. Our office offers "virtual consultations," based on several closeup in-focus photos and a telephone discussion (of course, an in-person, hands-on consult is best, but I- and many other surgeons- can give you an excellent idea whether they can satisfy your goals via the virtual consult... The weblink below shows many labiaplasty/hood reduction photos so you can get an idea what effective hood redutions look like...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Dais, ca, USA