Breast pocket revision are inside sutures normal? (photos)

I had 420 saline implants for 10 years with time I notice my nipple was not symmetrical anymore my doctor told me he was going to fix it by adding inside sutures but never expected my breast to look like this i can see the fold on the skin he said it will go away with time is this true? I'm 1 wk post-op

1 week after surgery

Your surgeon is the best one to answer this question. Depending on the suture used and technique there may be some softening and improvement in this area.

Return to your surgeon and monitor the area over time. If you do not see improvement or get satisfactory answers, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast pocket revision are inside sutures normal?

Your concerns are certainly understandable.  Depending on exactly what was done and what type of suture was utilized, the area of concern may improve with time. At this point, assuming you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon there is not much to do but be patient and follow up with him/her frequently for assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes

Breast pocket revision

Thank you for your question.  At one week post op things can definitely change so be patient.  At this point you need to follow the instructions of your plastic surgeon and give it some time.  Best of luck to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Not Normal

Make sure your surgeon is an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in revision breast surgery. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS