If I have a BBL procedure how long do I have to wait until I'm able to sit on my bottom?

I'm looking to have a BBL procedure in the near future but am hesitant because I work a desk job a d sit a majority of my time, how many days should I take off work or am I able to purchase a pillow which will allow me to sit on my bottom sooner, I'm only allowed 2 weeks off let year :(

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Brazilian Butt lift procedures and  Body Contouring surgeries.

The popular ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ procedure is utilizes fat grafting to augment the curves of the gluteal region and accentuate the contour from lower back to buttocks. It is an excellent method for augmenting and lifting the buttocks and provides a beautiful, natural result. The procedure is performed by harvesting fat from unwanted areas of the body with liposuction and injecting it into buttocks. For individuals desiring a BBL but do not have enough fat available to be harvested, gluteal implants may be an excellent option for augmenting and enhancing the contour of the buttocks.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

For my patients, I recommend that they do not apply pressure and use a special foam pillow to the area for 7-14 days.  You should be able to return to work within two weeks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Sitting after a BBL

It's a plastic surgeon will differ on the recommendation on how long to avoid putting pressure on the treated area.

There are specialty foam pillows designed particularly for the recovery after a Brazilian that will help put pressure on the back of the thighs rather than where the fat was grafted.

We allow our patience to sit using these pillows after the procedure.

How are as a general statement immobilization and minimizing all pressure will support the survival of the fat.

This is especially important while the fat problem goes through a process called revascularization where the grafted fat is developing a new blood supply.

This happens during the first 10 days and continues for several weeks after that.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL and sitting

As long as you are sitting on your upper thigh and standing up every hour you can return to work after one week. We perform BBL's regularly and have our patients return to work at one week.

Arian Mowlavi, MD