Asymmetry after breast lift. Will my right breast catch up with my left, or has too much tissue been taken out? (Photo)

I had a breast lift (anchor pattern) 2 months ago and I have bad asymmetry. Before my surgery the doctor said my right breast was larger than my left and that he was going to take more tissue out of my right breast. Now my left breast is bigger than my right. It seems my left breast has really dropped and my right breast is small and shaped weird. Will my right breast catch up with my left breast or has too much tissue been taken out? How would you fix this?

As best we try, asymmetry can still persist

as it does in your situation.  At this point, focus on healing and let your surgeon know of your concerns and allow your surgeon to come up with options for you to help improve your symmetry.  Simple things that can be done in the office include liposuction of the larger side or fat grafting to the smaller side.  You should know what your surgeon's revision policy is as well so you can prepare in case it is needed.  Only after you are completely healed can you consider pursuing options to improve your symmetry.

Asymmetry after breast lift.

Thank you for your question and photos.  No online reviewer can diagnose or make recommendations based on photos and limited information.  I would normally recommend my patients wait at least 6 months before deciding if further modification is needed.  At that time you may need revision based on your goals and appearance.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best of luck. 

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and I completely agree with Dr Hankins.  I would discuss this with your surgeon 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Asymmetry after breast lift

Although I would wait until six months to let both breasts completely settle, the best option in my opinion is to reduce the left breast to match the right. If this would make you smaller than you desire, implants could also be considered.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon if the asymmetry persists, which is likely from looking at your pictures at this point.