Alternate treatment for "H" or frown lines besides Botox? (photos)

Hi. I had a few Botox treatments for the "H" lines between my eyes. They reduced them a bit, but didn't by any means alleviate them. The last Botox treatment was a disaster! Had severe reaction to it and never want it again. I heard fillers are dangerous in that area. What can I do to get rid or lessen these lines?

Frown Lines and Treatment Options

Normally Botox and Hyaluronic acid fillers work well when used by experienced injectors.  If Botox is not an option, consider Dysport or Xeomin.  Alternatively, fractionated CO2 lasers can help to tighten and smooth the skin.  In good health, Dr. Keel

Glabella and Forehead Wrinkles -- Botox/Dysport and Fillers

This area can be treated with fillers along with botox if not fully improved with the botox alone.  Best, Dr. Emer.

FROWN LINES TREATMENT

For lines like yours, the first choice is Botox or Dysport, when you use them regularly, like every 4 months then at the end of a year those lines get very soft. The second option is to get hyaluronic acid fillers, but the filler has to be injected very superficial, almost in the dermis, so the lines gets softer, this requires a filler like Juvederm Volbella or Belotero Soft, an experienced doctor can do it, with a minimal risk of complications. And other options will be a chemical peel or fractionated lasers.

Non Botox treatment for "elevans" between eyebrows

Since you do not want synthetic fillers or Botox there are still treatment options available. A single ThermiRase treatment prevents the creases from forming for one to two years possibly longer. Fat transfer into that area will not prevent the muscles in that area from contracting but will soften the appearance of the creases. A browlift procedure can be performed and remove those muscles completely permanently preventing further crease formation.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Brows

Botox or Dysport are the best injections in that area since fillers are too thick and would not have a good cosmetic result.  Thermage would tighten the skin as well.  Please consult a cosmetic expert for the best results. Best, Dr. Green

Treating 11's

The 11 wrinkles can be treated using one or two techniques based on whether your lines are static or dynamic. Dynamic lines are only present when you frown and not there when you are stoic. Static lines area present whether you frown or not.
a)Dynamic lines: you should Botox
b)Static lines: you should Botox and Fill with Radiesse.
Please make a consultation to get more details.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Treating 11's without Botox

Thank you for your question.  While Botox is the most studied and trusted treatment for treating the glabellar complex, there are other options you may consider besides filler due to the inherent risk of filling in the area.  The first option is using the ThermiRF device for a treatment called ThermiRase  - it gives you a long term correction by ablating the nerves that are causing the muscles to contract and form the 11's.  The other option is a treatment available in Canada and Europe but unfortunately not the US currently for wrinkles (it is available for pain in the US) called "Frotox" or Iovera which uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the nerves.  The treatment lasts for 4 months.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon