ActiveFX versus Fractora for overall skin rejuvenation?

48 year old caucasian with slender face hoping to improve 1) elasticity of skin (jowls and jaw), 2) fine lines and wrinkles (eyes and around mouth), 3) minor sun spots, 4) dark circles under eyes. Consulted with two highly-recommended derms. One recommended Fractora, the other Active FX. Would appreciate opinions as to each - pros and cons as I evaluate how to proceed. What procedure do you think has the best results?

Active FX vs Fractora

I use the Lumenis Active FX device and have been very satisfied with our results over the last several years.  I have heard good reviews regarding the Fractora especially with skin tightening but I'm unaware of any good comparison study to prove the value of one over the other.  My leaning would be toward the FX device since I do believe that it is a more aggressive and beneficial treatment for the skin surface.  

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Skin rejuvenation with a laser, such as the Active FX, will clearly provide the best results and, in my opinion, is far superior than any RF treatment for skin rejuvenation, especially when the goals are improvement in brown spots, uneven skin tones, roughened texture, lines, wrinkles, and acne scarring.

The attached link provides more information.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

I find that laser resurfacing is good in some cases but radiofrequency or non invasive lasers work better in others. both work best in combination with fillers, microneedling/PRP, subcision etc. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaulation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Active FX

The truth is, there are many devices that are good for tightening and rejuvenating the skin. You have done one of the most important things by going to see an experienced cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist who can evaluate your skin and offer recommendations. Make sure you see plenty of before and after photos of actual patients treated by your physician with the device you are considering. Based on your concerns, I think the Active FX and Deep FX will offer exceptional benefits. In good health, Dr. Keel

Douglas M. Keel, DO
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon