Am I a good candidate for lipo only in the arms? (Photos)

I lost 100 lbs about 6 years ago- had a tummy tuck 4 years ago and am looking at my thighs, breast, and arms today. I've stayed consistently in the 140s and 150s. I also really dislike the skin near my bra line. Would lipo resolve that?

Arm Lift and Liposuction

Hello and congratulations on your weight loss! Liposuction can help remove the fat on your upper arm, but you will be left with loose skin so I recommend adding an arm lift to your liposuction procedure. That way, you will be able to achieve that tight and sculpted look that you are looking for. Please seek a couple of consultations with experienced board-certified surgeons to see what options are out there for you. I wish you the best of luck!

Liposuction of the Arms

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. Congratulations on your recent dramatic weight loss. Unfortunately, while liposuction will eliminate the remaining fatty tissue on your upper arm, the technique will not do anything to address the loose, flabby skin. I would recommend a brachioplasty, which will eliminate the fatty tissue and the lax skin to create sculpted, tight arms. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon. He/she will perform a physical examination of your arms and tissues to determine the best procedure to meet your desired aesthetic results

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Arm lift vs. Liposuction

Thanks so much for your question and photos.  After losing 100 pounds, there is usually an excess of loose skin.  Liposuction is a great tool for removing fat but by itself, does not improve skin tone or elasticity.  From your photos and because of your weight loss, you appear to have some excess, loose skin in your upper arms.  An arm lift with liposuction would help reshape your arms and remove the excess skin.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.  Hope this helps...best of luck!

Joyce C. Chen, MD, MPH, FACS

How do I remove excess skin of my arms and other areas after weight loss?

I am president of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons and body/face contouring after weight loss is my specialty. Once to have excess skin, in most cases in order to adequately remove and tighten it, it must be excised. Depending on what area is affected, there are various solutions. Specifically, in the arm area, you could have the cut made only in the armpit. Sometimes, if there is even less excess skin, it may respond to Radio-Frequency waves like with Thermage. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Thank you for your picture and question, I think you would benefit from an arm lift for better results, liposuction would leave you with  looser skin and you ,might be unhappy with that,an in person consultation would better evaluate you. Consult with a board certified PS,best of luck!

Arm liposuction after 100 pound weight loss

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.

Given your photos and your massive weight loss, an arm ilft, possibly with some liposuction, will give you a good result. Liposuction along will leave you with looser skin.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction of the Arms

The decision on whether liposuction of the arms alone or an additional procedure to tighten skin is best made in consultation with a plastic surgeon who can examine you and assess the quality of the tissues involved. Be sure to seek out a surgeon that is certified by the  American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Bryan G. Forley, MD

Lipo alone is ok but add an arm tuck with the incision hidden in the armpits is best.

Liposuction does very nice for so many patients but often the saggy wrinkled skin bothers you eventually. Adding the arm tuck with the lipo is so much better and can still be done under local with alittle iv sedation easily.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Arm lipo?

Usually after such a weight loss there is only skin and not much fat to be removed however you might be an exception.  I say this based on the single photo with your arm pressed against your side which suggests the presence of subcutaneous fat.  Best advice is to have a face to face consultation and evaluation with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to see your options. I discuss this further in the video link above.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Arm Contouring

You will need to be examined to determine your skin quality and how much fat is available. Don't be mislead, skin tightening is a myth outside the realm of surgical skin removal. High tech devices have not shown to be superior to standard liposuction in clinically noticeable results. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in body contouring. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS