Am I a good candidate for Coolsculpting? (photo)

I would love to have a tighter looking abdomen. I've had two kids and c-sections. My abs aren't what they used to be...please advise.

CoolSculpting Candidate

It is best to come in for a consultation to see if you are a candidate for CoolSculpting.  However, based on your pictures it looks like you may want to look into a skin tightening treatment.  At our office we offer Venus Legacy for skin tightening.  It also melts some fat and helps with cellulite.  Check with your plastic surgeon for the best options for your body type.

CoolSculpting the Abdomen

An in person consultation is  best to see if you have enough pinchable fat in abdomen. Coolsculpting will not tighten the skin in the area if that's your concern. It's also a possibly to treat your flanks to define your waistline. Best wishes!

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure/Vanquish Versus VASER HI DEF SIX PACK

I find that vaser hi def body shaping is the best procedure for you, but you can do sculpsure and vanquish treatments to get improvement.  Coolsculpting will have more downtime sometimes than the liposuciton procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Good CoolSculpting Candidates

We would need to see you in person and get a sense of how pinchable that fat is in order to get a good draw of fat into the adaptor cups.   Coolsculpting does have flat plates and adaptors that require less 'draw' of fat which can be used on inner and outer thighs as well as areas where there is not enough fat to pinch.   Our office offers alternatives to Coolsculpting for those who are not good candidates but looking for some fine tuning and maybe treating for some skin laxity.  I think Vanquish ME might be a good alternative for that last bit of circumferential fat and Thermi 250 for localized areas where a bit of skin tightening would be of benefit.  

Coolsculpting for the abdomen

It appears that you are an excellent candidate for both Coolsculpting to reduce the fat bulges and Thermage to tighten the skin in the abdominal area. Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Am I A Good Candidate For CoolSculpting

An in-person consultation would be needed to determine if you are a suitable candidate for CoolSculpting. Looking at your picture it seems you have a combination of small pockets of fat as well as loose skin. CoolSculpting won't tighten your abdominal muscles. Find an experienced physician provider. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting candidate

Thanks for your question and photos.  You already appear to be in great shape.  CoolSculpting will not make your abdominal muscles tighter, but it can help sculpt small trouble areas or areas that might be asymmetric.  My best advice would be to see a doctor who performs CoolSculpting for an exam to see if you would be a good candidate.  Good luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Cool sculpting

Based on your photos, you may be a good candidate for CoolSculpting, however an examination is really needed to determine if you are a good candidate. The areas of concern need to be pinched to determine if you have enough pinachable fat that can potentially be treated. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting or liposuction

When it comes to a large area of the abdomen, I recommend that you consider traditional liposuction which can be done from your belly button; traditional liposuction is the gold standard and will allow for more effective removal of fat over your general abdominal region; coolsculpting is more effective when treating a one problem spot/hump. Examination needed to provide you definitive recommendation.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Possible candidate for CoolSculpting

Based on your photos, you may be a good candidate for CoolSculpting, but an examination is really needed to determine for sure.  The area needs to be grasped to determine the amount of fat that can potentially be treated and it is not possible to make that determination based only on a photo.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon