1 year after Rhinoplasty, really nothing to do? (photos)

-I have scar tissue in both nostrils and along the colummella -Continue to be red, swollen inside nose -Seems like I still have a deviated septum? My surgeon says there is nothing to do...

Deviated Septum

You are a candidate for revision rhinoplasty and septoplasty.  If your surgeon is not willing to do this, then please visit a few surgeons in your area that perform revision rhinoplasty.

Post operative complications

You may have a deviated caudal septum and this can typically be fixed even with revision rhinoplasty. Talking to a board certified plastic surgeon can help achieve your goals. Best of luck, MMT

Deviated septum and intranasal scar

If you are concerned about you persistent deviated septum and you are having breathing issues, you should seek a second opinion from an ENT or plastic surgeon. You have scar tissue within the nose that can be treated, but requires an in person discussion with a surgeon to discuss your goals.

Nasal Synechia and Caudal Septal Concerns

Your photos seem to indicate the presence of an intra-nasal synechia in the left nostril vestibule, along with a minor caudal septal asymmetry on the left side with scar tissue. Typically, these findings are relatively easy to fix. 

Overall you seem to have a nice nose and an attractive profile.I am not sure why your original physician feels that there is nothing further to do, regardless, I am confident that you can find another opinion from an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon who may be interested in helping you correct these issues. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision

You have subtle contour asymmetry but over all your nasal contour is good; a before and after would be very helpful to make a decision as to whether you should seek further surgery.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Post rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear narcis1991, I would suggest seeking a second opinion from some other experts in the field. After an intra-nasal examination a proper diagnosis can be made and a possible surgical plan. I would suggest requesting a copy of your operative report from your current surgeon to bring with you on your second opinion consultations. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nothing to do?

Hi,

Based on your pictures, it appears you had an open rhinoplasty with nostril reduction.  Your caudal septum (the end of the septum)protrudes into your left nostril slightly, that can certainly be repositioned,  if it bothers you functionally or aesthetically.  

Wish you the very best!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 year after Rhinoplasty, really nothing to do?

All Surgeon have slightly different techniques to achieve the best result. Creating incision sites often produce unpredictable results. The tissue reacts differently in different patients. Often times- low dose steroid injections can be helpful