I would like septorhinoplasty and would love if insurance could cover the septoplasty piece.

I am in central FL and am willing to travel a bit to find a good surgeon. I have a deviated septum from an abusive ex husband. My nose and nasal bone are actually off center and off to my right. I would like to breath properly again and also improve my appearance. I can't stand looking at it in a mirror. Is it possible to get insurance to cover the septo part of surgery? If not, what is the cost for combined procedure out of pocket? Financing should be no problem for me.

Photos for rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question. 
I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanul Mallol

Insurance and rhinoplasty

It is quite possible to have your septal work covered by insurance. You would need to be evaluated in person.

Insurance Coverage for Treatment of Nasal Breathing Problems

Most insurance companies will pay for the correction of functional breathing problems up to the limits of each individual policy, especially with a documented history of nasal trauma. My staff will help our patients communicate with their insurance company to clarify their coverage.

Septoplasty

Septoplasty is a medically necessary procedure in patients who have a deviated nasal septum causing difficulty with nasal breathing.However insurance will not cover the rhinoplasty part of your surgery and you will have to either pay for it or use financing.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. A board certified facial plastic surgeon should be able to address your concerns in a septorhinoplasty.

Insurance may cover your surgery, although it is difficult to say definitively without knowing your provider.

We participate in the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Domestic Violence Project, offering pro bono reconstructive surgery to victims of domestic violence and trauma. Please feel free to check out this program.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty procedures

A septoplasty procedure is performed in the back of the nose  when there is twisted bone and cartilage blocking the air flow. A septoplasty will not change the shape of the nose, and is only performed for functional reasons. A septoplasty is usually billed to the patient's medical insurance  once medical necessity has been documented at the time of the examination. Co-pays and  deductibles will still apply related to insurance billing. A rhinoplasty is performed for cosmetic purposes and must be paid for by the patient. A rhinoplasty procedure  cans accomplish straightening  the external portion of the nose, shaving off the dorsal hump and refining the bridge and tip. Both procedures can be performed at the same time the same anesthetic with the same recovery period. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below

Sorry for your less than rewarding past relationship. However, your nose needs to be evaluated in person by an experienced Board Certified PS with a special interest in Rhinoplasty. Each of your areas of concern will be addressed at that time. Any insurance questions- should be directed to your insurance company. Be aware of the fact that there is a difference between medically necessary and a covered expense. Insurance company may agree that it is Medically necessary but may not be a "covered" expense as per the terms of your policy. Hope this helps

Functional and cosmetic septorhinoplasty

I hate to hear about what happened to you.  Luckily, having insurance help cover part of the cost of the surgery is most certainly a possibility.  If you can find a practicioner that accepts your insurance, then it's no problem.  Their surgical coordinator can talk you through the claims process. However some of us do not take any insurance. This is where things get tricky - and I'm going to be completely honest with you.  Depending on what insurance carrier and coverage you may have, they may want you to only use someone in network. So a lot of groundwork has to be done on your part - you would speak with your insurance carrier's representative and explain to them that you would like to go with a provider out of network and look at having a reimbursement for part of the procedure.  They will give you all of the necessary paperwork.  In my office, we usually provide any codes that you may need as well as office letters and procedural notes.  It can be a bit of a hassle for you as a patient, but at least at our office we try and make it as painless as possible. I know most offices do the same as well. 

As far as financing is concerned, most offices offer some sort of financing via an outside purveyor.  Contact the office of the PS whom you are looking at doing a consultation with and they should be able to talk to you all about it.

Best of luck! I hope some of this helps.  I know sometimes it can be very hard to try and get any information, specially when it comes to this issue. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

It depends upon the exact heath insurance plan you have! Best to seek in person opinions from boarded surgeons!