I have a permanent crown on tooth #11. My gums have been inflamed, and the tooth is now wiggling. What's causing this?

I have had two root canals on tooth #11. Went to the dentist and was just given chlorahexadine for the inflamation. My tooth is still wiggling however and am paranoid. What could be causing this??

Loose tooth due to periodontal disease? #DrSoftTouch

Without an examination and x-rays it's impossible to determine the cause of your loose tooth. It's probable that you have periodontal disease and this is the cause of your tooth mobility. Proper oral hygiene and use of Chlorhexidine will help prevent periodontal disease from getting worse. I would recommend seeing your dentist for a complete evaluation and to discuss the cause of your loss tooth.  I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Periodontal disease

It's hard to diagnose without pictures/Xrays.  It seemed that you have periodontal disease (loss of bone).  This will cause your tooth to be mobile.  Chlorhexidine and good oral hygiene (brushing and flossing) will help prevent it from getting worst.  However, if you want to make it better, you might be looking at gum grafting and etc.  Please consult your dentist and probably a periodontist.

Jean-Paul Banh, DDS
Federal Way Dentist