Long term effects on males who undergo CoolSculpting

I am already VERY interested in this procedure. But today a friend of a friend of mine said her mother had lumps. That her doctor said that because the fat cells are missing in that area the fat cells else where wil continue to grow. So now I'm torn between that is the truth and what is advertised. Other pages on here say there are virtually no side effects presented or resulting.

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting does not cause lumps if performed by an experienced professional. It usually destroys 25% of fat cells in a treatment area each treatment round if done correctly. CoolSculpting does not cause other fat cells to grow, however, existing fat cells would expand if a patient were to gain weight. Regards,

Results with Coolsculpting

Patients do extremely well with Coolsculpting and are still happy even many years after their initial treatment.  Fat cells in other areas don't continue to grow but if a person gains weight, the fat cells that they do have will still expand (and contract with weight loss).  Coolsculpting does not render you immune to future weight gain.  Proper placement of applicators by an experienced provider is essential to good results in the short and long term.  Well placed applicators will produce sculpted results that people love. Poorly placed applicators may result in fat missing in unintended places.  Coolsculpting works. 

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting for Male Patients

CoolSculpting performed by an experienced professional should not cause lumps. All in all, our male patients do very well. Male or female, CoolSculpting can greatly reduce fat nonsurgically.

Long term effects of Coolsculpting

On properly selected patients, Coolsculpting is extremely safe and effective.  It is difficult to know what your friend's mother is experiencing in her particular example.  If improperly placed, the procedure can cause surface irregularities or little "dents" in the fat, but I have not heard of it causing lumps to form.  If you are interesting in learning more about the procedure I would encourage you to schedule a consultation with a doctor in your area who can go over the procedure in detail and see if you are a good candidate.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Long term effects of CoolSculpting

The result of CoolSculpting is natural-looking reductions of fat in the treated area.  You will have less fat cells than you started with in the area you are treating, but this will not make fat cells grow in other areas.  If you gain weight, you will gain it wherever you have fat cells, so you should try to keep a stable weight for optimal and long-lasting results.  If someone thinks they have lumps following treatment, they may need more than one treatment, or may have not treated all of the areas necessary to reach their expectations.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if the procedure will work for you.  We have great results with our male patients who have tried CoolSculpting at our office.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

results should be even and smooth with both non surgical and surgical options. I suggest seeing an expert in these treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting and lumps

I have never seen lumps after a CoolSculpting procedure. Actually, it is probably more common to have lumps after liposuction, which if done my an inexperienced surgeon, can result in lumps. There is a risk of Paroxysmal Adipose Hypertrophy with CoolSculpting but it is rare. Swelling and neuropathic pain are more common after the CoolSculpting procedure. 

Coolsculpting versus traditional liposuction

There is no substitute for traditional liposuction which will allow for complete resolution of all fatty deposits without any contour irregularities, no need for multiple sessions. You can read more about the differences below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD