Can I have fem touch?

Hi had a "sree tape" vag sling in 2007 for sui. Can I have fen touch procedure?

FemTouch after sling

We have performed the Vaginal rejuvenation on patients with urethral and vaginal suspension procedures and have not had any problems. In fact, it seems to augment the surgical repairs, however we suggest waiting 6 months before using the laser

Yes but only after you're fully healed

TVT(Transvaginal tape)is a mesh that help support the urethra and decrease stress urinary incontinence. Once your fully healed you should be a good candidate for femtouch vaginal rejuvenation.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

FemTouch after sling

Hi Nancy, 

While it is generally contraindicated to have the FemTouch procedure if you have any type of implant or mesh in the vagina, if your vaginal sling was placed only under the urethra, the procedure could be done deeper in the vagina taking care to avoid delivering any laser to the area right under the urethra. The remaining vaginal tissues could certainly benefit from the laser. Dr. Karmin