Facial scarring, will anything help? Tried fraxel and also dermabrasion, and surgical for cheek. (photos)

What do you think would be the best treatment for deep facial scarring? I suffered from a skin picking disorder and any blemish I picked at and now my face is destroyed :(. I have tried surgical scar revision for some and also the Fraxel laser. A doctor recently recommended subsiscion and fat grafting. Is there anything that can help me? It is especially noticeable when I smile and I'm so self conscious I hate photos and mirrors :(.

The right combination to help facial scarring--TCA cross, surgical repair, subcision, lasers, microneedling/prp, lasers

This will require a combination of TCA cross or surgical removal.  This is combined with lasers, subcision and microneedling/prp may give improvement.  It will need a series of treatments and surgeries. I recommend a formal consultation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Deep Acne Scar Revision

Hi CG.  Subcision with dermal fillers is a good place to start.  We may actually recommend revisiting fractional resurfacing as their is a lot of variability ion how this is performed and without a very deep resurfacing, you will not get much benefit.  

For examples of acne scar treatments in our Orange, CA office, click on the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD