Why do I have excess amounts of hairless all over? Labs are normal range, I have a rash on my flanks? (photos)

I've been dealing with excess amounts of hair loss for 9 months now and have been researching adrenal fatigue. Just yesterday I had a breakout on my flanks that mirrored each other. Would this be related and what can I do to help these issues. Be had bloodwork completed and doctors say I'm writhin Norma range. Is there anything specific I should be checking for. I've submitted hair taken from my brush from one day and flank rash pictures

Hair loss and rash

Anyone with hair loss and a rash should consider seeing a physician for diagnosis. The rash might not be related to the hair loss but your doctor can guide you whether it is or is not. Herpes zoster (shingles) needs to be considered by your physician for the rash on the body - don't delay getting seen. Early treatment can affect the long term outcome. I advise patients with such as rash to be seen within 24 hours of the rash for proper evaluation. Diagnosis of the hair loss requires an up close examination.

Rapid hair loss

Based on the systemic symptoms you are experiencing, particularly the new onset of rash, would recommend to visit a rheumatologist to exhaust a differential diagnosis to rule out any systemic issues.    It is uncommon to lose hair rapidly as you have and there could be a number of different reasons as to why that is occurring. 

If it is genetic based after you have been evaluated, your options would be prp, stem cell therapy, pharmaceutical compounded agents such as minoxidl/progesterone/latanoprost combinations. 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hair loss

hair loss is genetic, but underlying patterns and loss can be exacerbated by other issues, such as metabolic processes. It is difficult to tell from the photos the rash on your flanks. I would suggest follow up with your primary care doctor or an endocrinologist who can help you sort through the underlying cause(s) of the rash. Further lab tests likely need to be ordered beyond the standard labs which we usually order, especially if you are concerned about adrenal fatigue. A consultation with a hair restoration surgeon is also recommended, so that your hair and scalp can be evaluated, as well as discussion of non surgical therapy available to you. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Getting to the root cause of hair loss and hair loss treatment with prp and progesterone

It's tough to tell with the picture on your rash. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Hand full of hair

I have wrriten about the problem of hands full of hair falling out. It sounds like a metabolic problem. See my post below. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon