Crown or implant?

My old molar crown is cracked and needs replacing. I'm in my early 50s, Will it be more economic in the long run just to replace the old crown with an implant and be done with it? A lot of mine old crowns develop decay along the gum line eventually. One or two had to be extracted and implant put in already. Thank you

Crown or implant? #DrSoftTouch

Removing a tooth and replacing it with an implant is sometimes to best option, but not always. I would recommend discussing the pros and cons of your specific case with your dentist to better determine the best option for you. I hope this helps and you can click save under my name to ask me more questions in the future. 

Crown or implant?

It's difficult to answer your question without more diagnostic information. Implants are a very final way to restore missing teeth, but even implants can develop problems. I suggest sitting down with your dentist and weighing the pros and cons of each option.