Clitoroplexy for buried clitoris due to lichen sclerosis?

I was diagnosed with LS affecting genital skin at age 3. I'm 41 now and testosterone cream has helped return genital skin to almost normal. However, I feel like my clitoris is buried in scar tissue. I have limited sensation. Would I be a good candidate for this procedure?

Doctor Answers 2

Buried clitoris from lichen sclerosus

I've managed several women with stories similar to yours with clitoral release clitoroplasty. Sometimes the incisions are best made with lasers, other times with scalpels. Nonetheless, it offers relief for this otherwise frustrating condition. An examination would be necessary to determine if you would be a candidate for this option.

Jersey City OB/GYN
4.7 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Treatment for buried clitoris

Believe it or not, you are not alone, i have had experience with other patients having the same problem secondary to lichen sclerosis. What you need is not a "clitoropexy" but more of a clitoroplasty whereby your clitoris is uncovered and the surounding clitoral hood and labia are reconstructed. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 118 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.