Breast fat grafting as of 2016 has it improved? C cup 24 yo 5'4

I'm looking into getting fat transfer over implants. I was 15 lbs heavier as a teenager and now weigh 130 . This weight loss left my breasts droopy and with scretch marks that are almost gone. Im unhappy with my aereolar diameter and wish they were closer to quarter sized. I don't want a drastic change in size just more proportionate to my body so 1 to 2 cup sizes seems fine as long as the aereolar size is corrected. Who are the best PS for this procedure? how much? Am I a good candidate?

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat grafting can be useful in this regard to improve deflation and smoothness or palpability or rippling.  Care needs to be given so as not to rupture the implant.  You can generally only obtain at most one cup size increase.

Fat grafting over the implants

Fat grafting is a great option for patient with palpable implant and to enhance cleavage. Please see the link 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting for one to 2 cup size increase?

I think fat grafting is a reasonable consideration to improve the texture of your breast skin and reduce rippling.  The reality is that I doubt you would achieve more than a 1/2 cup size increase if you do have available body fat and the procedure is reasonably successful.  An areolar reduction will leave a circular incision but will permit narrowing of your areolar diameter.  Consider fat grafting combined with an areolar reduction and placement of larger implants as an option as well.  I would suggest that you meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to review all of your options.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Fat transfer to the breast

Fat transfer to the breast is an excellent technique. I find this most useful in your situation where implants are in place and the fatty volume of the breast has been lost. Reestablishing the fullness of the skin over the implants can be achieved with fat transfer. I do not talk in terms of cup sizes as I find this more of a finishing technique. However, 1/2 -1 cup can be achieved with each procedure.

Significant volume increases to the breast with fat usually require multiple operations over time.

From your description an areola reduction is part of your plan for enhancing the appearance of your breasts. These procedures can be done at the same time.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in fat grafting to the breast.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast fat transfer and areolar reduction #plasticsurgery

Fat transfer to the breasts can often improve the appearance of existing breast implants by improving the soft tissue coverage over the implants themselves. Areolar diameter can be reduced with a simple procedure, but this leaves a circular scar around the edge of the areola itself.

Fat grafting over you implants

Fat grafting over the implants is performed routinely at our office both for breast cancer patients as well as cosmetic patients; patients who are thin and get rippling can benefit from this procedure. In addition, patients who already have implants and want further contouring of their breast or slight enlargement can benefit from fat grafting.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Best procedure

Thank you for the question but an examination is really needed.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area, get opinions, look at photos, compare fees and become fully informed 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Fat

With a fat transfer, you can expect to increase your size from a half to one cup. Should you want more, implants would be a better choice. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon