Best Options For Pre-Pregnancy Body? (photo)

Hi, I am 5'10" and weigh 195. I am 31 years old and a mother. I want my pre-pregnancy body back. I want my entire mid-section to be smaller, esp. my waist and I NEED a breast lift. (1) Is it better to have fat transferred to my breasts, rather than having implants? (2) What is the optimal weight I should have prior to surgery? (3) What are my best options?

Achieving Pre-Pregnancy Body?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The first step would be to achieve a long-term stable way through diet and exercise;  sometimes professional help with trainers or nutritionists can be helpful. Once you have achieved this goal, seek consultation with  well experienced board certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work.  Communicate your goals clearly.

A few words of advice I give my “mommy makeover” patients:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

How to get the pre pregnancy look back in no time.

Now that you are ready to get that hot and sexy body back, here is how to do it.  First you need to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight.  Obviously healthy diet and exercis habits are needed for that.  If you want a way of eating(I don't like the word diet).  I recommend the Gracie Diet(no financial connection)for a life style change that will have long lasting benefits.  Once you have lost any remaining baby fat, its time for surgery.  You will need a tummy tuck with liposuction.  Also depending on the final size and shape of your breast you will need an augmentation w/wo a lift.  I'm not a big fan of fat transfer to the breasts.  In some surgeons hands they do have great results.  But breast implants have a more predictable outcome for the majority of patients.

Good luck in loosing the baby weight and having surgery.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Options to get body back

I recommend a healthy diet and regular exercise in order to not only improve how you look but also improve your health. Find a routine that you can maintain. Once you get to a level that you think you can maintain, then you can start to make changes. Fat grafting to the breast is a popular procedure today but has it's own set of issues.Make sure your surgeon discusses all of the options with you. Good luck.

Are You Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Find a qualified surgeon and ask about a "Mommy Makeover"

Your pictures suggest redundant abdominal wall tissue with weakened muscles, breast hypoplasia with breast sag and localized adiposity of the hips and thighs.  Restoration of your body to your pre-pregnancy status will most likely require breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction and abdominoplasty with muscle tightening.

Although fat grafting of the breasts can definitely be performed, breast augmentation with implants is a far more predictable approach.  When this approach is utilized larger augmentations can be performed and the results are more stable.

There’s no question that being close to your ideal body weight improves the results from mommy makeover surgery.  It also decreases the potential for complications with this type of procedure.  For these reasons we prefer that patients be within 10% of their ideal body weight at the time of surgery.

If you’re considering mommy makeover surgery it’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area.  This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals. 

Mommy Makeover for a Pre Pregnancy Body

A Mommy Makeover done by an experienced Board certified Plastic Surgeon should help you on your goal of a pre pregnancy body.

However weight loss as close to your pre pregnancy weight is essential for a good Mommy Makeover result.

Fat injection for Breast Augmentation is still experimental and not yet approved by the national Plastic Surgery Society. Most women and surgeons choose breast implants.

Get as close to your ideal weight -based on height and age-as possible for the best result.

Getting your pre-pregnancy body back

Hi there-

Achieving a pleasing, pre-pregnancy appearance should be quite possible for you, provided you make decisions in the best way possible.

I would recommend a bit of weight loss, in order to maximize your surgeon's ability to improve your contour. How much weight you lose is not as important as that you be able to maintain the new weight over the long term. 

Fat grafting to normal, healthy breasts is NOT a procedure universally accepted as safe, and will not lift sagging breasts. 

Once you've been stable at your new weight for a month, visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Gertting your Body Back

Clearly part of this equation is diet and exercise.  It would be nice to know what your weight and shape were before your pregnancy.  That would help with how much you should weigh now.  Pregnancy leads to loss of muscle in the majority of women if not all women.  If you weigh more now then you did prior to your pregnancy then you have replaced muscle with fat.  It is a long way back and you need resistance training.

Once you are at your ideal weight you should seek advice from a board certified plastic surgeon. The tummy tuck and breast surgery can and should be done at the same time.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover - tummy tuck and breast lift/breast implants

You are overweight but it is my opinion that a stable weight is more important than a specific number. Your breasts are covered in the photos so the question of fat vs. implant to the breast is not answerable. It depends on the breast skin envelope size and how much you need to fill it. The envelope size is reduced with a breast lift. From the photos it is clear you would benefit from liposuction of the saddle bags and an abdominoplasty. That is clearly a good option for you.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Diet & then Surgery

Lose 30 pounds and then see a board certified plastic surgeon for a breast lift and tummy tuck. That should get you back to pre pregnancy.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD