Options for reducing areola size and a Breast Lift?

Hi. I've recently turned 18 and since I was 16 I've had large breasts. I'm really unhappy with the size of my areola's, how big my breasts actually are in general and the colouring of the veins on my areolas too (plus stretch marks as I grew quite quickly). I was wondering what my options were for getting more youthful looking breasts?

You certainly can consider a breast lift and reducing the areolae at the same time.  You could also have them reduced in size as well at the same time.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can help you to achieve your improvement. You can improve your breasts having a reduction with lift, they may be too heavy for you. Good luck, Hope you find yourself good results!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Different Procedure Descriptions that Can Help with Nipple Size

The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under intravenous sedation and local or general anesthesia. As mentioned above there are a variety of techniques for these operations.  Lollipop lift (vertical lift), donut (periareola) lift, Benelli lift, crescent lift, anchor lift (inverted T). Most commonly, we prefer the lollipop or donut lift because of the shape, small scars and easier healing. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. These newer techniques are utilized in the vast majority of cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts. The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.

The crescent lift removes a small amount of skin at the top of the areola. We find that there is very little lift and the areola becomes oval in shape and distorted with this method.

The Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin.  A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures.  This is a more complex procedure and is often not done as describe by Dr. Benelli.

The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large.  Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast. This is the #NaturalBreastLIft or #CaliforniaBreastLift

Minimal scar breast lift/reduction

Hi,

Thank you for your question and helpful photo. I believe you are an ideal candidate for a breast reduction method that preserves your ability to breast feed, preserves  nipple sensitivity, no ugly vertical scar, long term results, and improved cleavage without implants. Attached is an example of what can now be achieved with current breast lifting/reduction technology. You are welcome to visit my gallery to see more examples. 

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon