What other options do I have for fine lines around my eye if Botox did not help? (Photo)

I am 26 years old and have been getting botox for about 2 years. Lines under and around my eyes have appeared very early. Botox does help with the lines next to my eyes (they do not react when I squint or smile) but they undereye lines get worse and worse. Others in my age do not have these. What other options do I have, could someone please help?

Alternatives to Botox under the Eye

Fine lines and wrinkles under the eye can best be treated with a combination of cosmetic creams and laser light therapy.  I have found both the Fraxel and eMatrix have wonderful effect on the small fine lines around and under the eyes and improve the texture of the skin.  It is extremely important to find a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with these lasers, especially in the delicate area around the eye.

Options for fine lines

Botox is good for the fine lines that occur with muscle activity / motion, but doesn't help texture issues in the skin, or lines that are present at rest.

Based on your photo, I'd say you look good, and don't need anything too aggressive.  I'd start with some good skin care - like a retinA or retinoid based line.  You could also consider some mild chemical peels or light laser resurfacing to improve the area, if you wanted to take it to the next level of treatment.

Best to speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the options.

What other options do I have for fine lines around my eye if Botox did not help?

I would recommend a consult with a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon. Each is a fantastic choice. They will be able to best advise you after an exam. Depending on the patient, laser treatments and a good skincare regimen may help. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Fine lines around the eyes

Using Renova / tretinoin every night to those areas would give you some improvement. However, it will dry out your skin somewhat and you will have to use more moisturizer. 

Niels C. Krejci, MD
Boston Dermatologist