Options for Calf Reduction?

I inherited large muscular calves from my mother that are disproportionate from the rest of my normal/thin sized body.

Calf Reduction Surgery

Calf reduction surgery is a common asian cosmetic procedure. There are several available options. 1. gastrocnemius muscle resection 2. Radiofrequency nerve ablation 3. surgical division of the nerves to the gastrocnemius muscle. Non-surgically, botox can be injected into the calves. However, botox injections only last for approximately 8 months to 1 year. This is a good alternative for those who are unsure about surgery, and results are reversible. It allows patients a preview of the results achievable with surgery. If interested, you should schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon and discuss which option is best for your.

Large muscular calves.

In the United States calf muscle debulking is rarely performed due to concerns with function and the medicolegal environment. This is more commonly practiced in the Pacific rim.