What is Best Option for a Narrow Facial Structure?

I am a 30 year old male with very narrow face. I barely have any fat in my face and my cheekbones are very thin as well. Palatal expander option to widen my maxilla to bring my cheekbones out is not an option due to my age and my bottom jaw is very narrow as well. Would fat injection around my cheekbone area be the best bet?

Doctor Answers 3

Widening narrow facial structure.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

We do not recommend fat injections throughout the face because of the inconsistent results.  A narrow mandible can be widened at the base by mandibular implants.  A narrow frontal part of the chin can be widened by a chin implant.  A narrow maxilla can be widened by posterior placement of cheek implants.  These implants are placed under general anesthesia and can be removed down the road if patients so desire.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

Filler injection vs. cheek implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Wihout a photo or face to face examination it is impossible to know the severity of what you are describing or how to address it. If the problem is mainly one of soft tissue deficiency there are a few surgical options available (free fat grafting, microvascular transfer of fat...) as well as non-surgical options (sculptra filler injection).

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Widening the face.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would need to see photos to determine what would be best for you. There are many options to choose from.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.