Next Option to Bleaching Creams for Facial Scar?

I am a 17yr old female. I have PIH on my chin from a fixed drug reaction. This has been going on for about a year and 6 months. I discontinued the medication 4 months after I noticed pimple like spots occuring on my chin with a kind of honey glazed ooze.

That finally went away and cleared up but now I'm left with a pretty large dark circle on my face. I've tried bleaching creams and it seems to just irritate it. It gets red and inflamed. I don't know what else to do. What's my next option? Help me please?

Doctor Answers 1

Bleaching a facial scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First, make an appointment to see your Dermatologist as we have many tricks up our sleeve. Because your skin appears to be sensitive, its important to go slow and not irritate the skin any further. There are various bleaching cream mixtures that can be quite effective ("modified Kligman's formula"). Another option to consider would be chemical peels or the Obagi system. Certainly wearing sunscreen every day, regardless of weather/season is critical.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.