Operation to Makes Eyes That Pop Out Smaller?

i have a big eyes and im so mad when sumone will tell me i looked like gold fish! is there any possibility to makes my eyes smaller like lifting the lower lid and makes my outer opening of the eye lifted?

Doctor Answers 5

Big eyes. . .orbital decompression

Hi Sain,


This one is tough to answer without a photo or physical exam.  There can be several reasons for this and some of them are medical so it is important to be seen by a good ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon before doing anything else.   You may have small or shallow orbital bones making the eyes look more prominent or too much fat in your eye socket that makes your eyes look large.  In either case an orbital decompression or fat removal can allow your eyes to sit further back in your socket.  HOWEVER, you should not go forward with any surgery of any kind until you have consulted with multiple ophthalmologists and oculoplastic surgeons.  I strongly discourage your from seeing a general plastic surgeon for this issue.


Chase Lay MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

Making big eyes appear smaller


There are many reasons eyes can appear bigger than average, including eyelid position and position of the eyeball itself. Without pictures, its hard to say what you are referring to, but a qualified oculoplastic surgeon could assess you eyelids and eye sockets and make recommendations, which could involve fillers or surgery.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Operation to Makes Eyes That Pop Out Smaller?

What you describe can be done.  There may be other surgeries that could help as well.  See an Oculoplastic surgeon to get a better idea of what can be done.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Surgery is possible!

As mentioned in the previous answeres, prominent bulgy eyes may be due to a variety of causes, and can be addressed by changing the eyelid position, and/or changing the volume of the eye socket [orbital decompression].

A consultation with an Oculoplastic surgeon is recommended. You can find a well trained one near you by checking the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Solution for big eyes

Yes, there are various procedures that can help, depending on your exact anatomy and wants.  One procedure would be orbital decompression, whereby more room is made in the orbit to allow the eye to sink back.  Another procedure might be lower (or upper) eyelid retraction surgery and canthoplasty.  There are also other options available.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.